This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  pam pam 2 years, 7 months ago.

Denis Leary Leads Tributes to NYC Musician Adam Roth Who Has Died At 57

• https://i1.wp.com/img2-3.timeinc.net/people/i/2015/news/151228/adam-roth-435.jpg?w=685

New York based guitarist and composer Adam Roth has died, multiple reports confirm.

He was 57.

According to Billboard, Roth was battling cancer at the time of his death.

Roth’s friend and collaborative partner Denis Leary took to Twitter to remember the musician, referring to him as a “guitar legend” and his “brother from another mother.”

Keep up with your favorite celebs in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.

Leary also spoke with the NY Daily News, telling the newspaper, that despite losing his friend, he was focusing on the time they had together rather than the time they won’t have.

“He was one of the funniest people on the plant and that’s what I’ll always remember about him,” he said. “I’m not going to mourn the time I didn’t get to have with him. I’m just so grateful for the 40 years I got to spend with him.”

Roth received his diagnosis just a few months ago, when he was told in October that he had stage four bile duct cancer, Billboard reports.

His partner, Marta Maletz – also the mother to their son Charlie Ringo – told the NY Daily News that the family plans to cremate Roth and spread his ashes at Prospect Park. They will also hold a memorial for him in the new year

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.